Words to Capitalize – Daily Sentence Writing Mini-Lessons – Capitalization Sentence a Day
Explicitly practice capitalization rules in just a few minutes – with 1 sentence a day!
With Words to Capitalize Mini-Sentence-a-Day Pack you will:
- Introduce the capitalization Rules using M.I.N.T.S. (Months, I, Names, Titles, and Start of Sentence).
- Have students practice with prompts for 5 days
- Assess mastery with an included writing rubric on the 5th day
This resource includes 1 week of writing instruction and explicit Capitalization practice:
- Start of Sentence
What You Get:
✎ Student Materials (Print + Digital)
- Single-sided version with all prompts on one page
- Double-sided version with editing checklist + rubric
- Double-sided version with and without days of the week
- Each version comes in a primary-lined and a plain-lined
- BONUS: “Farcebook” profile page and Blank Writing Paper with Picture Box
✎ Teacher Materials:
- Anchor Chart: Why are some words capitalized?
- Anchor Chart: Editing with CUPS
- Anchor Chart for Capitalizing with MINTS (Months, I, Names, Titles, and the Start of Sentences)
- Slides: Sentence Prompts with and without anchor charts
- Slides: Sentence Writing Rubric
- Teacher Notes and Ideas
- Week of Sample Lesson Plans
- Visual pages of how to insert pictures from the Web into Google Slides
*This product is meant to be used as projectable slides for your specific lesson, with students doing their writing on the printable or digital pages in the product, but you could also use your own paper or not use the projectable slides.
Do you want to save 50% on all of my new products? Follow me to be notified of new products! They are 50% off for the first 24 hours (or longer if I forget to change them) after they are posted! You don’t want to miss out on that!
Looking for some amazing freebies? Join Primary Planet’s Super helpful newsletter and get access to the Free Resource Library!